- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Summer Sausage, cut into 24 slices
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese, halved
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chives or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2-inch apart in each potato, not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes and wrap each in foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until almost tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Insert summer sausage, cheese and onions between potato slices.
- Close foil. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with additional toppings if desired.
- TIP: Potatoes could be roasted on a grill over medium-hot heat instead of in an oven.