A fun and tasty new way to serve potatoes! Delicious on any plate and for any occassion.[/cmsms_text][/cmsms_column][/cmsms_row][cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_padding_left=”3″ data_padding_right=”3″ data_color=”default” data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0.5″ data_padding_top=”0″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/2″][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Summer Sausage, cut into 24 slices
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese, halved
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS: Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chives or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2-inch apart in each potato, not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes and wrap each in foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until almost tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Insert summer sausage, cheese and onions between potato slices.
- Close foil. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with additional toppings if desired.
- TIP: Potatoes could be roasted on a grill over medium-hot heat instead of in an oven.