1 cup UNCLE BEN’S® Whole Grain Brown Rice
1 tablespoon butter
6–8 medium-sized red bell peppers, tops cut off and cored
2 ears corn on the cob
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large onion, diced small
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 large tomato, diced small
1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook rice with 1 tablespoon butter according to package instructions.
- While rice is cooking. Grill hollowed out peppers and ears of corn (wrapped in foil) on preheated outdoor grill until lightly charred and softened. Set aside.
- In large sauté pan heat olive oil until hot. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion has softened and lightly browned. Season with 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon cumin. Mix well. Add corn, tomato and black beans. Cook until well combined and mixture is hot.
- When rice is done, add to vegetable mixture with cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place peppers in a baking dish and fill with rice and vegetable mixture.
- Top each pepper with cheese.
- Bake for about 10–15 minutes until cheese melts and lightly browns.
- Remove from oven, and serve.